Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The wonderful weather just keeps on coming. Today it is in the 70s and sunny. What a wonderful spring we have had so far this year. The weeping cherry tree is in bloom. It looks so much nicer now that it has been pruned. I hope that a storm doesn't come too soon and blow off the flowers!

I gave away three large bags of daylillies today to two of my coworkers. They are both very excited to get them. One of them told me that her hostas, ferns and lily of the valleys have all been given to her by family. It can be very expensive to garden. For example, I just saw small pots of daylillies selling for $3.99.


Ken filled two more containers with composted soil. I will plant radishes in one of them and carrots in the other.


This photograph show the last of the daffodils (Salome). However, the tulips still look beautiful. Some years the weather gets unexpectedly hot and they lose their flowers quickly but this year the weather has been mild.





No comments:

Post a Comment