Sunday, May 10, 2009


The weather today was cool and in the high 50s. We had a brief shower in the late afternoon but it didn't wet the ground thoroughly so we still had to hand water some of the pots.




This morning we went back to Panettas to buy four more bags of cocoa mulch, and a bag each of Rose-Tone and Garden-Tone. While we were there, we noticed that they had five pound bags of seed potatoes so next year we can get them there. The potatoes are already sending up leaves in the containers.




I put cocoa mulch in two of the beds, the front side bed and the small right bed in the back yard. The mulch adds a finishing touch to the look as well as keeping weeds out. I'll start adding mulch to other beds as I finish planting them. Parts of the large bed in the back yard are ready to be mulched but I still have to plant annuals in other sections so I'll keep those areas bare for now.


I also was able to plant three rows of Stuttgarter yellow onions. I didn't use all of them though because I wan't to plant another row in a few weeks. Some of these onions will be used as green onions (6 to 8 weeks) and the others will be allowed to mature to a larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment