Wednesday, May 6, 2009


The weather has been overcast today but it's still in the 60s. We are supposed to get some rain tonight and tomorrow. That will be good for the garden unless it thunderstorms.

This evening, Ken and I spent an hour gardening. We transplanted 6 mums from bed in the back of the house to the two small beds in the backyard.

I planted more Cherry Belle radishes. I also planted Royal Chantenay carrots. I bought the carrot seeds last year but never used them. The package describes them as having tapered 6 to 7 inch roots. It also says that they are the best variety for heavy soils but I planted them in composted soil so that shouldn't be a problem. They sprout in 7 to 21 days and mature in 70 days. I should be eating freshly picked carrots on July 15!

The three Lemon Boy and the two Jubilee tomato seeds that I planted sprouted. I repotted them and placed them close to the grow lights. I'm hoping that their leaves don't turn yellow like the tomatoes that I've been growing. I'm going to be careful not to water them too much.

The petunias that I have been growing under the lights look beautiful. Their foliage is compact but very green and they are flowering.




No comments:

Post a Comment