Thursday, April 9, 2009

The last two days have been sunny and warm so the snow is now melted. I haven't noticed any harm to the plants.

Today, I had to lower the shelf under the grow light again. The 4th of July tomatoes are really growing. I do have one concern though; I noticed that some of the leaves are beginning to turn yellow. After doing a internet search, I have found the cause of this problem. I'm overwatering the plants. I need to begin letting them dry out between waterings. This should also help them to develop a better root structure.

Tomorrow, Ken and I are going to pick up some gardening supplies. One of the things that I want to buy is a Wall-o-Water. They come in three packs. I'll be planting two 4th of July tomatoes and one Sungold tomato outside in the middle of May and I will need the protection from the cold nights. It should be interesting to see if all of this hard work will yield an early tomato crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment