Monday, March 30, 2009

It Snowed!


Late yesterday afternoon (after 6:00 p.m.) it snowed. The flakes were really big and they came down fast & furious. Even though the snow was still on the ground this morning, it is all melted now.

The crocuses are in bloom. I'm starting to see a variety of colors--yellow, deep purple and lavender. The snow didn't seem to cause any harm at all.



Last Friday, I planted Basil seeds. This morning when I was checking to see if they needed watering, I noticed that the seeds are already germinating. The pepper seeds that I planted haven't shown any growth yet.

The pansies are doing really well. I think that I will soon put them in the sunroom to harden off. If the weather doesn't turn bad, I would like to plant them outside in pots in the middle of April. I only have 27 of them so I'll have to decide where I want them to go. I think that I should have enough for the three large pots out front and four hanging baskets in the back.


Pansies Growing in a Flat

Ken cut down the grass plants in the back yard on Thursday and then did the ones in the front yesterday. It looks so different without them but I already can see the new green shoots sprouting. I was thinking of dividing the ones out back. They are huge and I think that the new divisions would be more vigorous. Also, it would give me an opportunity to put compost in their planting holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment