Monday, March 16, 2009

Another beautiful day! Sunny and in the 60's. Today, I took Hines Drive home from work and there were more bicyclists on the road than there were cars. I also saw a stunning display of red twig dogwoods by the Nature Center.

Today, I transplanted the three Fourth of July tomatoes because they had long roots coming out of the sides of the peat pellets. I stripped away the binding material around the pellets and planted them in a four pack cell that has large units. After I repotted them, they were too tall to fit under the grow lights so I had to readjust the height of the shelf. But now some of the plants are not close enough to the light so I need to readjust the system. Tomorrow, I'll hook up two shelves with a light above each one.

I also need to transplant the pansies to larger pots.

Ken bought these roses from Hillers last Friday. They were only $9.99. What a bargain!



No comments:

Post a Comment