Tuesday, July 28, 2009


The weather is still in the 70s to mid-80s during the day. However, it has been raining off and on for several days. The plants are responding well to these conditions.


I only have a few onions and carrots left so I need to plant more of each. I figure that the temperatures have been cool enough for the carrot seeds to germinate. The green beans are getting ready to flower and still do not have any insect damage. All of Ken's pepper plants have chiles on them. And best of all, both the 4th of July and Sun Gold tomatoes are ripening. The Sun Gold tomatoes are so delicious that I've been eating them right off the vine. However, I can see that I'm going to get tons of them so soon there will be plenty for other recipes. Last weekend, I picked six of the 4th of July tomatoes and we had tomatoes and grilled onions on our grilled hamburgers. This morning, I picked another load of them so that we can have fresh tomato sandwiches this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment